A few years ago, the state government of Coahuila went off the deep end in their quest to educate the public, foster Coahuilan identity, or to simply showcase the treasures of this area. Whatever their real agenda, we are blessed with a plethora of small, but well designed museums that are free to the public.
- The Serape Museum
- Museum of Coahuilan Presidents
- Mexican-American War Museum
- Museum of Graphic Arts
- Museum of Taurine Culture (Bullfighting)
- The Mexican Revolution Museum
- The Normalista Museum (Teacher´s College)
Beyond these museums, there are a number of free art galleries strewn around downtown.
We´ll explore these museums and galleries in future posts!